1. Cheerful = Feliz, cheio de positividade, de bom humor.
I’m much more cheerful after I have my morning cup of coffee.
Oposto = grumpy
2. Cupful = Um copo cheio de algo.
The recipe says to add a cupful of sugar.
3. Faithful = Ser fiel a uma pessoa, projeto ou ideia.
Bob has been a faithful employee of this company for the past ten years.
Oposto = unfaithful
4. Fruitful = Produzir muito de algo.
Our magazine advertisements have been very fruitful – they’ve resulted in 500 new customers.
Oposto = unfruitful, unproductive
5. Graceful = Parecer ou se mover com elegância.
The dancer gracefully lifted her arms.
Oposto = awkward
6. Harmful = Perigoso, que causa problemas.
Smoking cigarettes has many harmful effects on your health.
Oposto = harmless
7. Mindful = Atento, cuidadoso e observador
You should be mindful of how much TV you watch… if not, you could waste a lot of time.
8. Painful = Descreve algo que dói fazer.
I just had knee surgery, so walking is very painful.
9. Rightful = Descreve algo, justo e certo.
The police found the stolen car and returned it to its rightful owner.
Oposto: illegitimate, wrongful
10. Thoughtful = Caracteriza-se por provocar muita reflexão.
I enjoyed the thoughtful article about politics that was published yesterday.
Também significa com cuidado, carinho atenção .
You are always so thoughtful, thank you for your kindness.